A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Night Shots At Disneyland In July 2010


Before Lydia and my three grandchildren arrived, we decided that it would be a good idea to make one more trip to L.A. We decided two days before our departure.

I had told my Annie to let me know, when she wanted to go, and she did. It was a strange set of circumstances, because we both felt we needed to make this trip.

We packed the car. And the next morning, we left quite early for the trip toward warmer weather. Spring had still not arrived in Idaho, although it was the first part of July. I couldn't get rid of the cold that had come and gone repeatedly since January, and Jack had had the same problems this year.

We left and began the trip. Jack watched movies in the back seat of the car. I listened to my I-pod. Grandma was exhausted. The first stop was well into Utah, and although I could have made St. George on a single tank of gas, we did make one extra stop just before Cedar City.
Arrival at our hotel was on the first day of our trip. We were off the next morning early, because without an early entrance, I would not be able to get an electric cart--something I could not do without while there.

The park is just too big, and my legs are not flexible enough to walk the entire day. For me, it's the worst part of the trip: realizing that the days of walking on my own is no longer feasible.

This particular night found us riding the teacups. It was our last night there, and we had not done that ride a single time. My memory of that ride was with Tommy and Jack laughing hysterically, while I turned the wheel.

They were two or three, and they could not sit upright during the ride.
For me personally, I would make the trip if it meant only walking into the park and sitting on a bench to absorb the vibes.

I would enjoy the music, and just thinking about all the memories with my Sweetheart, my grandchildren, my children make it something I love to do.

Few people understand that point of view. But I see those who understand every time I arrive at the park.

They sit in a wheelchair or an electric cart at the entrance and watch the days festivities. They know what it means "to feel and absorb the vibes."

It's what you do when you enter the front gate, unless of course you fail to remember a single trip there with little ones.

No comments: