A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Submarines: The Finding Nemo Ride

For years, this part of the park was something that Cles loved to do when he was young, but as he grew older, he chose not to wait in line for it. We enjoyed everything at the park, but Cles just "outgrew" it.

I still remember the ride having this mermaid and a few other things what were "corny."

And then they stopped the ride entirely, although the dock was still there, and even the submarines were sometimes there as well.



When we heard they were redoing it, we were ecstatic. The date was something that we wrote down and remembered, and for our next trip, we planned it so that we could do the ride.

We went three times at least. It was so much fun for children, and adults liked it too.

The effort to get down a spiral stairwell into the ride was, however, a bit of an ordeal, but it worked. I enjoyed it as well.

Jack and Tommy and Anna love going on it. There are specific things that refer to the movie Finding Nemo, so it is something that will be a favorite for a long time, or at least I hope it's something they will coax to do for a while, when we go to Disneyland together.

The video clips they designed are perfect for the ride, and it adds to the whole experience for little ones and for "big" ones and "really big" ones like Pop Pop too.

Going again on this last trip in 2010 was a perfect adventure. We went several times.
And Please Ann, let me know when you're going to take a picture. I have this look on my face like I'm afraid that my cart is designed by Toyota, that it will spontaneously begin to speed away, and that that I will flounder with Nemo and his friends, while foreigners from the Far East take pictures of me paddling and squealing like a little girl among all the fun things underwater in the area of the ride.

No comments: