A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Trip To Minnesota, Another View of North Dakota

The trip to Minnesota was something I looked forward to taking. Last August, the Holocaust Museum asked me, as a member of the Regional Education Corps, to attend a meeting, but it didn't work out.

There were problems with my legs, and I couldn't be in Denver for the meeting, so as soon as my supervisor determined that I was going to be in the D.C. area in August to see my son Cles, he asked me to arrange the flight, so that I could meet with him.

Typical of airline travel, the carrier cancelled my flight, and although they promised me at ticketing that my new arrival time in D.C. would be sooner than I planned, it was not. I arrived two hours later.

I missed the meeting, so I spent wasted money to be in D.C. one day when I could have been in Virginia relaxing with my son.

I tried walking. That was not a good plan. I lost my Annie's digital camera, and the pictures still loaded in that camera were ones we took of North Dakota. This trip was one I wanted to repeat, because I wanted to retrace our steps.

I wanted to have pictures to replace the ones in the lost camera.

We actually did better than that for the most part. Like the stop at this spot along the highway.

Jack loved it. Not far from Teddy Roosevelt National Park, it showed all the animals native to the area.

And it was here that we bought a few things for the grandchildren. It was a good stop.

And we took some great pictures.

Jack was able to look through the binoculars to see the beauty of The Black Hills in North Dakota.

The temperatures were still a bit cold. In fact, the rains began the day we left Idaho Falls, and the storm seemed to follow us all the way to Minnesota.

We were glad we had the jackets we brought with us.

No comments: