I will miss the frogs in springtime. I'll even miss the starry nights and the dialect that is so typical of Minnesota and Wisconsin, but I'll enjoy traveling anywhere to see my grandchildren.
Tommy was sporting his recent claims he submitted to the tooth fairy. It's fun to see the differences in my grandchildren--the gifts each one has, the things that make them laugh, the foods they like to eat.
It's what makes life so fun as a grandparent.
Tommy is my fleet-footed back, either offensive or defensive. I also love the honesty of children.
Like professional athletes on national television, if they have an itch, they scratch it, and if they have to go to the bathroom, they grab it and hold it. I guess they think that an adult telling them to hold "it" was meant literally and not figuratively.
I love my grandchildren, and each one makes me smile. My memory on this trip was the day I took Tommy to see Star Trek. It was fun to see how excited he was to go with me to a movie, and he was ecstatic over my passion for concessions.
It was a trip that was unforgettable. Yes, I saw some specialists at Mayo about leg swelling, which was incredible, but the little things--spending moments with grandchildren--are what make that trip memorable: going to a movie with them and spoiling them with concessions, ordering pizza and watching a movie together, watching their eyes sparkle as they ride rides at Mall of America. The journey was long but incredible.




No comments:
Post a Comment