A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Monday, August 2, 2010

Little Samantha Visits Idaho Falls To Meet Pop Pop And Grandma

Samantha, at an early age, began growling. While Tommy and Anna stayed at our house last summer, I showed them the old copies of Wolfman with Lon Chaney, Jr. During the black and white movie done in the 30's, I would occasionally howl and bite at the arms of Tommy and Anna and Jack. They giggled.
But that night, the three tossed and turned and couldn't sleep. My Annie had to drive to a meeting the next morning, and I was not popular the next day at 3612 Creekside Dr.
But the tradition began. Whenever I talked to the little ones over the phone during the next year, I would howl and occasionally growl. And then Samantha came along.
Immediately, she began to growl, and so after I heard her on the phone once or twice, I would have Lydia put the phone on speaker. My howls and growls became a favorite with Samantha, who looked at the phone and studied it.
At the conclusion of the first clip,however, just as there is a bit of silence. Samantha spelled relief in a way that only my little princess occasionally can do. It surprised everyone that day, or at least it shocked those who hadn't heard her do that occasionally.

No comments: