A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Monday, August 16, 2010

The 2010 Trip To Yellowstone

It's pictures like this that make me miss having all my grandchildren home together. The fun they have is something that is so contagious, although on a rare occasion, the fight a bit. It's the only sound I don't like when we're spending time together like this.

The highlight of having Lydia and her precious crew with us was this day at Yellowstone, something I never thought I would hear myself say out loud.

Yellowstone Park was a spot we visited often when I was young, so for years, I somehow felt I had had my fill. The advantage of getting old is understanding that reliving memories in the park is important.

The mud pots was the first stop after a short rest in West Yellowstone. It gave me a chance to take Tommy in a shop and look at some fun things.

Tommy decided he wanted a hat, and to make the day a perfect one, I promised him that I would buy one of his choosing, if he didn't make any annoying noises and fight with Jack or Anna.

Tommy was excited. But he forgot the deal, until of course his mom said it was a "done deal."

Pop Pop the Negotiator took over, and everyone assured Tommy that we would get a hat for him, if of course, he lived up to his end of the bargain.

And he did, although Pop Pop had to remind him occasionally about that annoying noise thing.


Tommy has this high-pitched sound he makes, one that disturbs adults and dolphins and dogs too--not just because of the "high pitch" thing, but because it's just annoying too.

Ann reminds me that I was probably a little boy once too, a very long time ago.

Tommy had a great day. Jack and Anna did too. Sammy enjoyed everything too, although occasionally Pop Pop had to give his signature growl. So, does that qualify for an annoying noise too?
So the end of a perfect day happened. We arrived home at 2:30 a.m., after a long day in Yellowstone.
And the next day Tommy got his hat.
Anna had to have one too.
Jack already has one, so he wore Pop Pop's In-And-Out Burger cap for the picture.
But I have to admit, the annoying sound was close to the most annoying sound in the world, but I miss the sound now, and my grandson who made it.

No comments: