A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Riding The Riverboat in Bismarck


It was a rush to get to the boat before our scheduled departure. The trip we took on it in the summer of '09 was a perfect day. We weren't that lucky in 2010.

I had to do the trip, because I lost the camera with the pictures I had on it.

We had hoped that there would be a trip available with dinner, but not enough people signed up. It still worked out, because there was a Pizza Hut not far from the boat. The big thing was just getting out on the river.

The wind was blowing hard that day, so hard that it almost impossible to stand on the deck. Other when Ann took some pictures, we stayed inside the boat at a table.

At the end of the trip, we go beneath this large bridge, and then they navigate it back up the river a distance of about 50 yards to the dock.

By the time we returned, blue sky started to appear. And it was almost time to start back on the road.

After a break we took a few more pictures and climbed back into the car to continue our trip.

Bismarck is a great stop. The river is serene, and the ride is so peaceful. It's a great way to spend an afternoon. I only wish we could make one more trip to Minnesota.

I will miss going to Red Wing, even though we have enough pottery and even though we can order things online. I will miss this pizza place with incredible cheese cake in Rochester. And I will miss The Mall of America.

If I need a taste of Minnesota, however, I do have all my Garrison Keillor things I can listen to. And more importantly, I have all our pictures.

And I have the memories--Tommy placing his dinosaurs in the window for me before our arrival, Anna jumping up and down when we Lydia helped us surprise the kids at Target in Rochester, Sammy growling. The frogs in early summer were great too. I'll miss that a lot.

No comments: