A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Monday, August 2, 2010

My Favorite Picture Taken By My Annie

It was a great time of life. Everything seemed to be going well. I was still feeling well and working two jobs. Lydia and Jeff just had their wedding reception in November.

Originally, they chose a day in December, so we reserved a condo in Ramona, a red neck area in the hills above San Diego.

While there, we passed a picture like this every day, and Ann took a picture of it one day for me.

We spent an incredible week that year in December. Daytime temperatures were 85 degrees. We didn't need a coat even in the evening at Disneyland.

We drove home to Idaho Falls after a week to weather that was drifting snow and temperatures that reached 25 degrees below zero. There was over a 100 degree difference in temperature, and I never again looked at winter the same way. I decided I wanted palm trees and warm weather, and I still long for that.

No comments: