A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Silence After Everyone Left in the Jetta

It has been a full day since Tommy came looking for me to watch a DVD with him or since we went for a tractor run, when we found both a John Deere and a Case International. It has been a day since I found any more rocks that Anna found in the yard.

Anna always found the perfect stones: mostly flat ones you would use to skip across the smooth face of a pond. The flowers in our yard in Idaho Falls remain intact, but the heat is wilting them anyway, so I wish I had Anna here to pick them.

And it has been a day since I had Lydia to laugh at my jokes or Ann to tell me how unfunny they were. Only Tom Hanks on Castaway told his own jokes and laughed at them, and that was after being alone on an island for years, so it is way too soon to feel sorry for myself at this point.

As for the topic of this blog, it has been at least a day since I saw any of Anna's princess T-shirts that flash and glow in the dark, waking Lydia every time our little blond firecracker wiggles while sleeping next to her mom.

It is now 5:16 p.m. I figure the Jetta should be arriving after the two-day trip, some time between now and the next hour. Lydia and my Annie will unload the car, feed the kids, and then everyone will collapse from the exhausting trip across Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota and into Minnesota.

If you check this blog, tell Tommy that his two dinosaurs came today, so grandma will need to buy Anna at least one pair of shoes with a matching princess outfit.















And grandma, if you do not want to do that, we can always do what I promised Anna I would do. She wants a dinosaur plush toy. I found the one she wants, although any of those below would work well:














The Apatosaurus is my personal favorite, although Anna likes the Stegosaurus at the right; however, they do have a great T-Rex.

The T-Rex might give her nightmares. The others are fun. The cost is not bad either. My favorite T-Rex is the $200 one. It is not the T-Rex that I showed on this blog. It has to be at least four feet tall and I do not remember how long.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Anna wants a Barbie, not a dinosaur. She wants a princess Barbie. Get real, Grandpa!

Ann said...

Anna just came downstairs and told me she wants a dinosaur. She picked out the $200 one. If you buy that we will not be able to eat for a month or go to any movies. Your decision!

Jon Ward said...

Grandma,

I did not put the $200 plush toy's picture in the blog. They were the cheaper ones that are only two to three feet in heighth and 3 feet in length.

The expensive one stands as tall as I do. But it would have been worth missing a few meals and movies. I ordered the cheaper one.