A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Jack's and Tommy's First Christmas


I loved this Christmas with the boys, and for Annie's sweater I invoke the words of Lennon and McCartney, "Get Back Loretta, I love that sweata."

My Annie looks pretty in any color, but I always preferred greens and red, which by the way are Christmas colors.
This is Tommy and Jack's First Christmas. It was a time when they began new adventures, crawling on hands and knees to find more "fun" things. Kristin put child locks on cabinet doors. We moved anything questionable in terms of cleaning materials into very high places, or we put them into the garage. It was the first time since the early 80's our house was "kid proof."


Tommy and Jack often sat in the computer room and tasted their favorite cuisine, Indonesian wicker coasters. For Tommy and Jack that year, it was the rage.

It was always interesting watching how Jack began to get into things, but with two of them, things really changed. In spite of their young ages, they communicated too, in this strange set of clicks and winks and gestures. But their communicating set us and the house in disarray.

I miss having them small like this, although the two boys, and now Anna too, never cease making me smile. Being grandparents, Ann and I know you never wish time away. You can never return to a time of innocence like this, a time when things are so simple. They play with things of no consequence, unless you like wicker coasters or unless things are more important than these little ones. I will never forget those times.


No comments: