I sometimes wondered why I was so able to scare my kids and now my grandkids so easily when I wanted to tease them. I am glad Lydia took this clip, because now I understand that my "scary eyes," are much too frightening, even for teasing. It even scared me to watch them.
Teasing is very much a part of the family. All my grandchildren do it extremely well, although I think Tommy does it the most. I have to admit, as fierce as Anna's temper is, I would have enjoyed teasing her a lot as an older brother. Like everyone else in the family I know, Anna has another genetic trait--able to tease but not able to be teased. I find it funny, yet as I want to accept the blame for those genes, I realize my own Annie shares that same trait.
I learned a very long time ago not to tease my Annie, unless I wanted to experience real pain. But it is so difficult not to do it sometimes.




No comments:
Post a Comment