A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Scrub A Dub Dub

It's a bath for "Happy Jack." I found classic rock songs for my two grandsons, both by The Who to entertain them when I listened to my music. "Happy Jack" was for Jack, and Tommy, an entire album, was for Tommy.

Jack always loved bathing and a chance to splash about.

It is hard to believe that Jack was little enough for grandma to cradle in his towel in her arms. I know he remembers this, because even now as a five-year-old, he still enjoys being held in a towel like in the picture below.












I had forgotton about these videos until I found them in a computer file. It's bath time for Jack when he was a two-year-old. This was a time when I was still very sick. These are things that made me smile then, and they still do.

Lydia, Jeff and Tommy were in Ohio. It would not be long until Ann and I would fly to Ohio and visit them. After visiting Church History sites in Ohio and New York, we flew out of Rochester and arrived in North Carolina. Cles and Leslie met us at the airport for our first visit in Chapel Hill.

The last time that Cles saw me was in January of '05, when my friend and doctor told me that there could be no further chemo, since my body could not take its effects. He told Ann I had two weeks to two months. When Ann and I came down the ramp at the airport in North Carolina, I heard Leslie say to Cles, "Your dad looks really good Cles."

I knew Cles had been worrying about me, and it was so nice to see Cles and his soul mate.

Ann and I loved North Carolina, and we became instant UNC fans. Carolina Blue is now our signiture color.

No comments: