A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

There's No Pink In Baseball!

This is a favorite picture of Anna, showing off her Baltimore Orioles T-shirt Uncle Cles sent her. The smile makes me smile.

I have two picture frames, one with a picture of Tommy & Anna and one with a photo of Jack. A feature at the top of the plastic frame is sensitive to light change, and so every time you raise or lower the curtain in the front window, I can hear my grandchildren.

After Lydia and Kristin made the initial recordings, Jack was missing Tommy, so he played with the frame and accidentally erased the voice track.

When Lydia came to visit in early July of '08, I put my track on it to remind her to rerecord the voice track. "Oh, L--Y--D--I--A! I need you to record the voices of Tommy and Anna for grandma and Pop Pop." The first night I set the recording, it went off twice when I opened the front window blinds and turned off the lights. Our neighbor across the street turned and looked. He must have thought I was out of my mind.

Lydia reset the track. Tommy starts. "I love you grandma. I love you Pop Pop." And then Anna starts, "I love you Pop Pop grandma." It is fun to hear the voices again.
It is not hard to find a picture of Anna dressed in pink. The final picture is one taken while Ann, Jack and I were visiting Ontario during one of our Disneyland '07 trips. I found the pink stocking cap in the Disney store.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I haven't seen those pictures before. They're cute! I don't realize how much she's changed in the past year until I see pictures like that. Cute post, Dad. Thanks!