During 2007, one of our Disneyland trips we took was either around the holidays or even as late as February. But that year was so fun that I am sure that we did both. Lydia and Tommy and Anna were waiting for the big show that was about to begin, and for some reason, the parade people passed out hula hoops to those on the sidelines. I find it remarkable that I can not only remember the toy from the 50's, but I can also recall having one large red one and several smaller ones. The trick was making all of them, around your hips and on your arms, spin at the same time, which after much practice I could do. We even had multiple large ones we also used in the weird 50's ritual. Once you achieved that remarkable ability as a child, you then sat and wondered why you ever wanted a toy like that. What amazes me is being able to remember all of that, yet not knowing the point in life I reached before my butt would no longer fit into one.
A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt
Monday, August 25, 2008
Tommy and Anna waiting for the Big Parade
During 2007, one of our Disneyland trips we took was either around the holidays or even as late as February. But that year was so fun that I am sure that we did both. Lydia and Tommy and Anna were waiting for the big show that was about to begin, and for some reason, the parade people passed out hula hoops to those on the sidelines. I find it remarkable that I can not only remember the toy from the 50's, but I can also recall having one large red one and several smaller ones. The trick was making all of them, around your hips and on your arms, spin at the same time, which after much practice I could do. We even had multiple large ones we also used in the weird 50's ritual. Once you achieved that remarkable ability as a child, you then sat and wondered why you ever wanted a toy like that. What amazes me is being able to remember all of that, yet not knowing the point in life I reached before my butt would no longer fit into one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Now I'm going to feel bad every time I see those pictures because of that sweater you absolutely loved on Anna and I sadly gave up to Amy Ward. Maybe I'll ask for it back.
That would be silly. We have the memories, and we can look for something that will fit her now. There is no point in having clothing that does not fit. It is nice that Amy and Anthony's little girl can get some pleasure out of it now.
Post a Comment