This is the old Caterpillar I wrote about in earlier blogs. My mom and dad and Ann's Brent are in this picture. With Brent's jacket, I am guessing that it is an October afternoon during the deer hunt. Although I stayed a few years and hunted, most generally we made the trip to Disneyland during that time.This tractor was the one I talked about that had the option of canvas curtains to be used to keep the driver warm.
I learned to operate machinery on this tractor. Dad had me drive it with him sitting on the cushion during the summer after my fourth grade year. The next summer I drove it alone. Working with my dad was the most incredible thing in my life. He became my best friend. And I depended on him, just like he depended on me. I learned more about life and character working long hours on that ranch than I could have done any other way.




No comments:
Post a Comment