A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt
The Short But Fantastic Visit
While in Washington D.C. at my meetings at the Holocaust Museum, I phoned Cles and told him about our night that we had free in the schedule. Cles and Leslie drove from Virginia to see us. Cles knew a Middle Eastern place he knew I would like, but I told him that we needed to do something everyone would enjoy. We went to this great restaurant that featured Fondue. We ordered a grilled platter with a mixture of beef, chicken, pork, shrimp and lobster. I don't think I have ever tasted anything so good. The fondue pot is in the middle of the table in this picture. Jack called us that evening from Idaho Falls, and I told him about our meal. Ann, Cles and Jack had been there the year before when I was in Washington D.C. at our first meeting. When I told him about dessert with dunking marshmallow crispy treats into chocolate fondue, Jack said immediately, "Did they have marshmallows too."The dessert also featured two types of marshmallows--one large one covered with chocolate and another large one covered with coconut. Although Jack may have thought about another restaurant he visited in D.C. that featured cooking schmors at the table, he still remembered that trip from a year ago. The memory made his voice all excited.There was only one thing wrong with the perfect evening. The visit with Cles and Leslie, as great as it was, was just too short, yet I notice that saying goodbye is difficult like that whether we had had them there two hours or two days. It just made Ann and me realize how we need to make a trip to Virginia after Leslie's test in the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment