A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Art Of Spoiling Grandchildren

Tommy loves Star Wars, just like everyone else in the family. After getting my grandsons every spaceship and collectible figure available to them as Galactic Hero figures, they not only love to play with them, but my grandsons know every character they have and still need. Tommy let me know while in Idaho Falls that he needs the Storm Trooper whose uniform is soiled from battle. It is one that came with a land speeder. Between now and Christmas, it will give me something to do every time I walk into a Walmart or Target store. It is fun watching Tommy play with his toys, especially the way he organizes them. He puts his Star Wars figures in categories: Sith and Jedi; and his dinosaurs also appear in an order, yet I am not sure just how. But watching him place them, I know he puts them like he likes them to be.
As a Pop Pop, I just love providing him with all of the things he loves to play with that I would like to have had. The toys available when I was young were different, but my parents and grandparents doted on me too. I remember almost every toy that they gave me, and I also remember that their eyes sparkled just like I imagine mind to while I watch "the little ones" rip through paper to discover what surprise lay waiting.
Lydia is going to have to help me with this picture, because I have no idea where we were when we took it. It looks like a Chucky Cheese play area.
You know you love your grandchildren when you go to MacDonalds or Chucky Cheese instead of some five star ethnic restaurant. It is never a question for Ann and me. To be with grandchildren is what life is about in our opinion.








When it comes to spoiling grandchildren, I am sure that there is a fine line. It is just that Ann and I are not aware where that line is.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

That picture was from the Children's Museum in St.Paul. We visited the museum while you checked out the Pompei exhibit. The Ronald McDonald photo was at the McDonald's connected to the museum. I didn't know mom took any pictures. They're really cute. That was so much fun, especially with Jack there.