A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Friday, August 15, 2008

McLemore Avenue, A Favorite Album

When the Beatles released Abbey Road, it was without a doubt one of their most popular albums, and everyone had to have a copy. The cover was a classic with the four members of the band walking across a street. Another band, Booker T & The MG's, did a cover of all the songs on Abbey Road, and all of them instrumental.


I saw a copy in the early 70's in Malad's only remaining drug store, Allen Drug. They had a small collection of records, but they were a very good sampling. The minute I saw the album art, I had to have the recording, but I never bought it. I always regretted that. I guess I have always had the bizarre sense of humor I still have, because after all these years, I still think the album art is fun.



The back cover showed a girl in a miniskirt crossing the street like on the Beatle's album. Booker T did the same thing. I finally bought the CD in the 90's, but they did not do the album art like the original. It was great to find this online, not only for this post but also for the album art on my Ipod. The artwork from the sleeve appears below.


No comments: