
Williamsburg is a city that I find intensely fascinating, and it's one I hope I can take Jack to see repeatedly as he gets older and understands the history in that area. Within a short distance, you can visit Jamestown and Yorktown, not to mention Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which has some incredible roller coaster rides. This trip not only didn't have the time for us to do that, but we also had to understand that Jack is too small to do a ride like that. Doing it too early means spoiling it and making it so it isn't something he will try later, like in a year or two.
The jail was an interesting spot to visit. When we arrived, there was a short wait for a guide, and a lady was so nice with Jack.
It gave us a bit of a break before we entered and began looking at the inside of the building.


The day was incredibly hot, so I sat in the shade for a while, and Cles took Jack on a tour of the munitions area. There were guns on display, there was a section of canon, and Jack enjoyed the play area.
At this point, Jack stands a short distance away and salutes Uncle Cles while he takes a picture.

And then there was the latrine area, which didn't really stink, but Jack enjoyed posing like this.
The trip to Williamsburg was an incredible part of our visit to Virginia.
No comments:
Post a Comment