I love this set of videos, because it captures the sound of the ocean as waves rolled toward the sandy beach. The day was beautiful, until we arrived at the coast, where the weather was foggy and a bit damp. The sounds and scent of the ocean made the experience incredible, but that's because the closest thing I remember to seeing the ocean was watching hillsides covered with summer grasses or wheat.
Nothing in my mind is as soothing as the sound of ocean water, the feel of the spray in the air and the salty scent of seawater. I love listening to pines and waterfalls and rivers and streams, but this is something else entirely.
As cold as it looked, it really was quite comfortable standing on the beach. There was a slight drizzle, but the fog remained until we drove higher along the coastline to cliffs that overlooked the ocean. My only disappointment was not seeing the blue water of the Pacific. That will be another trip down the Oregon coastline next summer.
We spent a great time waiting for the perfect wave to crash against the rocks, but every one we thought would splash didn't do it at all, and those we thought were too weak for a movie clip turned out well. I guess moments like this are like people sometimes.
The best part of these clips is that we can enjoy it vicariously again by looking at this blog, but we won't feel the spray on our face or smell the magic in the ocean air.




No comments:
Post a Comment