A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Avenue of the Giants

I have seen some magnificent things while going on hikes in the woods, but this was too much fun for me. The redwoods are truly breathtaking, and I have to show some more pictures in the last blog on our road trip we took to Northern California. In my life, I've never seen anything more impressive in the woods, and it was all interesting: the ferns, the trees, the soft earth.
The mistake we made was telling him about the filming of Jurassic Park in the Avenue of the Giants. We also mentioned Star Wars, ET and some others, but he focussed on Jurassic Park. I couldn't get him out of car at one point, and I felt saddened that I had to force him to get out of the car, and then I noticed what panic he felt when grandma walked a short distance into the woods and when I did too. He finally admitted that he worried about the creatures in there. We talked about it, and he became more comfortable knowing there wouldn't be a Stegosaurus herd anywhere in the woods. While walking about, Jack found a plant that looked like a four-leaf-clover.

No comments: