A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Sergeant Who Worked Well With Kids At Williamsburg

The trip to Virginia was fantastic, and going to Williamsburg was something I really looked forward to doing. I thought I would have remembered the two previous trips there, but it has been ten years since being there the last time, and I recognized only a couple of things.

The stockade was fun, and Cles and Jack enjoyed posing for the picture at the left.

Humidity and heat were not things you don't expect for Virginia in August, and for that time of year, it really wasn't that bad, but it made it a bit miserable to get around in the last while we were there, but it was well worth the trip. I never knew how many things they had for young children. The clip below shows the part that Jack enjoyed the best.

There was an area around with tents and other things that Jack enjoyed. I'm not sure how tourists from England would enjoy this particular part of Colonial Williamsburg, but the kids really enjoyed throwning hatchets at a redcoat, and this clip was one where Jack did extremely well: not only saying, "Yes, sergeant!" but also making the throw. Jack loved it and tried at least ten times. This clip shows him at his best. The "sergeant" was very good with children, and he asked Jack about his Minnesota Vikings shirt and why Peterson was written on the back.

Cles took a great clip of this. We spent the day walking in the heat, and after we arrived back in Charlottesville, we went to a Thai restaurant. Jack loved the chicken.

No comments: