A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tommy's Growl

Jeff was still in medical school doing stuff that was a lot of pressure, and on the first visit Lydia made, just before we went to Disneyland, Tommy was just turning one.

We picked them up in Salt Lake City at the airport, and on the way home, we stopped in Malad for a visit. Tommy crawled under his mom's chair and hid behind her legs.

Getting down from my chair, I crawled on my hands and knees toward him, growling.

"Stop it Jon, you're scaring him," my mom said.

Tommy would peek around one side, say "No!" And then he'd swat at me with his hand. Then he'd peek around the other side and do the same thing. I did the growling thing for 10 minutes. He warmed up to me quickly after being with us for a short time. It wasn't even a month before we all made the "incredible" trip to LA.

These are some of the memories I have of each of my grandchildren. Each one is different, and each one makes me smile.

No comments: