In September of 1974, Ann's dad flew us with the family to LA, where we went to David and Rochelle's wedding in the Los Angeles Temple.The temple itself reminds me of the same architectural style we have in Idaho Falls, except it's much larger. I had never been to California.
After the ceremony, we had lunch in this incredible Mexican restaurant in downtown LA. Everything was so different, because at that time, there really weren't any places in our area where we could get food like that.
It was also the first visit to Disneyland. At that time, you bought a pack of tickets marked as A, B, C, D or E. There were no all day passes, so it appeared to be expensive, but Ann's dad paid for that, except for an occasional packet we bought to go on some extra rides.
He didn't like that when I spent money on the tickets, because he knew Ann and I were going to be stretching the money we saved through the summer at college that fall semester.
Ann and I moved to Provo and lived in an apartment complex called Meadows Apartments. They were very nice, except for the railroad track. We could count on a train coming through every night between midnight and two a.m.
Ann and I did one semester, and we ran out of money. Ann finished everything except for a few credits that she knew she could take as correspondence courses. We moved home and lived in an apartment in the top of the large Dives home on Bannock, just across the street from Grandma Liza's house, but at that time, she no longer lived there.
Grandma sold the home early in the summer and moved to Ogden after marrying Kelly Schuda. It seemed like so much changed in such a short time.
I worked for my dad. I decided I was wasting time at school, and I was. There was nothing I wanted to study at that moment, so for the next three years, I continued working on the farm.




No comments:
Post a Comment