We looked for a Jimi Hendrix T-shirt for Samantha, but it was not a "go." We couldn't find one anywhere, but we did get a tie-dyed "onesy." I'll be sending that tomorrow, and there is a hat that goes with it too.
The hat is one that makes adults giggle and horrifies teenagers when parents and grandparents show the picture at reunions or to their peers in 15 years. It's a cute hat.
And here is my other little Zollinger princess, the original one we spoiled with royal dresses at Disney parks with shoes and other accessories to match.
Not even the guys at Red Shirt Days at the park had duds like Anna. You know, it's on the days when the scariest ride in the park is the men's restroom.
Anna loved it when Grandma and Pop Pop were with her to get a new dress.
The visit, Lydia threatened us a bit. "Now mom and dad, we don't want any more of these dresses for Anna. She has plenty."
Lydia took went with Jack and Tommy to Buzz Lightyear before going on another ride that Anna didn't like. We took Anna.
"Where would you like to go?" My Annie looked down and looked at our little Sweetie in eyes that sparkled with mischief and cunning.
"I want a princess dress," she said. Anna held her hands together tightly. We helped her into the stroller, and we were there within minutes. And within 15 minutes, Anna not only had a new dress, but she had the tiara, long gloves and shoes to match. Oh, and we couldn't do it without the hat-thing.
Why be a grandparent if you can't spoil the little ones? And besides, it's like getting even with kids for putting up with them during the teenage years.
But I did feel badly when Anna insisted on sleeping in the dress, gloves, tiara and shoes. Did I actually say badly, because I not only slept with a grin on my face, but Ann told me several times I laughed out loud between snores.




No comments:
Post a Comment