A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Monday, October 27, 2008

Memories of October

This was the first birthday for Cles. Grandma and Grandpa Ward bought him this Radio Flyer wagon with wooden sideboards. He grinned the minute he saw it. It was a memory I would never forget, although it was a picture I lost for a long time, until we found it among some other odds and ends from moves and other times when we put pictures into shoe boxes.

It has been too long ago to remember what the other things were that he opened that morning, but I remember the typical pale sunlight through the front windows on Bannock Street as I took this photo with my Rollei without a flash.
I wish I could remember why I took this picture. I know it isn't Christmas, although there were a bunch of things on the floor. Lydia is wearing her My Grandparents Went To Yellowstone And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt. We always went to Island Park to get poles for fences during the early part of October, but the last time I remember doing that was just after the birth of Cles. It snowed eight inches while we loaded the poles on two trucks. The trucks were a good walk from the highway, and there were no cell phones at the time. We were more than nervous, and we were very glad to be on our way home after loading them.
This picture had to be from October, because my parents often went to the park in early October, even after we no longer went for poles.

No comments: