A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back When Tommy Wrinkled His Nose

When Tommy was little, he would squint is eyes and wrinkle his nose. It was funny, and I almost forgot about it until I found a few pictures where he did it. And when I mentioned it, everyone wanted a picture of it, so here they are. This one is a day when the boys went sleigh riding. It was an adventure for them, and Jack still likes snow and hopes to do it again.

Jack just doesn't understand why I dislike winter like I do. When he asked me once what I liked instead of "snowman weather," I told him, "a palm tree in the front yard and a lemon tree in the back." That really is my idea of heaven. I will take heat and green any time, especially in winter. Maybe that's why Disneyland is always fun to visit during the winter. Flowers always bloom there, and there are always leaves on the trees.


During that same visit when Tommy made that fun expression on his face, I held both boys and tried to get Tommy to wrinkle his nose at me. I wanted to get it on film. He did it several times, but no one was quick enough with a camera to get it on film. The picture at the right shows me trying to get Tommy to do it again. Jack is wondering what is wrong with me.


No comments: