In the fall of 1961, a school photographer took this picture. I knew the day was coming, and my mother watched this soap called As The World Turns. One character had this massive uni brow that looked like a weasel attached itself to the old man's forehead. That was the only thing I remember about that soap, and I still occasionally dream about the horror of that image, because my eye brows or eye brow somehow is a rerun of that old black and white image.The day before that picture, I took my school scissors in hand and trimmed off my eyebrows. For years that is the only thing I remembered when I saw this picture, but as I see it today, something else occurred to me, Holy s!#%! I wore a polka dot shirt and a bow tie. And A BOW TIE?
But then again, I was only beginning the second grade. Had I been in high school, I would have been beaten up ten times that day. And someone would have pulled my underwear waist band up over my head too.




1 comment:
This may be your best post yet! Heeheeheehee
Post a Comment