A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And To Think That Only Pop Pop Likes Disneyland


Just when I thought that only ordinary people went to Disneyland, the February trip proved me wrong. Ann took this picture of Ed Burns, an incredible actor, taking a picture of his daughter at the little house near the ride The Adventures of Alice In Wonderland. Jack stands at that door every trip since he could walk and knocks on the door.
In fact, Jack tried to walk in front of Ed Burns and his daughter to give his traditional knock, because it is something he does every trip to Disneyland. Jack does not understand the whole concept of celebrity, because to him, Woody is the guy. And meeting Buzz Lightyear is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.

Before we finished our multiple days at the park, we saw Seal and Heidi Klum. They had painted their faces, and I remember thinking how strange it was to see them. The paint rendered me unable to recognize them. My Annie told me she saw them minutes later, and I realized I had seen them too.

She saw Adam Sandler too. He was incredible with the people who gathered around him. I can't imagine how unbearable it would be to be mobbed whereever you go, yet at Disneyland, everyone feels mobbed on some days. Celebrities, however, have more than just long lines to deal with on a day there. People want pictures and autographs. For my family, it is just fun to see them and let them enjoy their day without hassle from another fan.

Oh, and we saw Patricia and David Arquette too. They waited for Haunted Mansion to begin again after a problem stopped the ride.




No comments: