A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Would You Have Bought A Used Car From This Man

Everyone always talks about Clinton as being the worst president ever to sit in the White House, but I will never be proud of the fact that I voted for this one in a time when I believed him to be something he really was not. It just took a few years to notice and another few years to accept the fact that he was not what he appeared to be.

My Annie's dad Stan was so tolerant of me. He would talk with me--only if I brought up the topic of politics--and remind me about how important it was to look at what people did in office. He would listen to me talk about ideals and campaign promises, and then one day he handed me a copy of the White House transcripts.

I only made the mistake of making a similar mistake two more times. After that, I looked at candidates very carefully. But I will always admire Stan. He respected my opinion, even when it was wrong, because after all, it was my opinion, but he also was a firm believer that educated people could avoid mistakes if they recognized flaws in elected officials.

No comments: