You might think that Mt. Rushmore is the only thing to see in South Dakota, but I beg to differ with anyone with an argument like that. Just when I thought that my yard was too small to have a John Deere riding lawn mower, I made an interesting discovery at one small town. In addition to having at least two or three satellite dishes, the men living in this town found a way to maximize their viewing pleasure: having a large riding lawn mower to do a lawn in less than 10 minutes. I figure people like this must really do some serious television viewing--football, basketball, baseball, golf, squash and even the chance to look at the "B" movies Arnold did before his stint as governor of California or Conan the Barbarian. That is someone who really takes television seriously. These homes were estates in red neck heaven: a grill, a riding lawnmower, access to soft core porn, and a pick-up in the yard for good measure.

And if a guy in this town of no more than a hundred people felt boredom, there was always another fine place to bask in the ambiance of small town charm, The World's Smallest Biker Bar. There was even room for the whole family on picnic tables outside so you a guy wouldn't even have to worry about hiring a baby sitter or anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment