A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reasons I Want To Live In Virginia


Reason 1: The sunsets there are spectacular, not like the West, where the desert conditions has dust that affects the light. In the West you have brilliant colors--reds, purples, pinks, blues--all etching the various parts of clouds on the horizon. Sunset color is different in Virginia, but it is so beautiful.

Reason 2: Dusk is the time when choruses of crickets begin the ritual I love to hear. I haven't heard the richness of evening in sound in years.

Only in Minnesota did I find anything like it.

Reason 3: The Blue Ridge Mountains in the background look beautiful any time during the day, but dusk is probably the most impressive.

Reason 4: The vast azure sky darkens quickly, revealing the vast heavens with stars I have not seen in years.

Reason 5: It's all about serenity. There is a peaceful feeling you get living away from city madness--sirens, engine noise. It's better than the serenity bell I have in my Jetta, because no one finds it irritating.

Everyone stuffs tissues in my car's bell at home. I gave up a long time ago trying to take out the paper.

Cles took me to take these pictures the just about seven hours before we left for DC to catch our plane at Dulles.

The downside of a visit like this is the vacuum you feel left inside. You miss family still fresh in your memory but living so far away.

But pictures take away the sting.




No comments: