One reason I wanted to make this trip was to see this festival first hand. Cles told me about the fun he and Leslie had there, and it was something I knew we had to experience firsthand.
The view overlooking Charlottesville, similar to Monticello, on another adjacent mountain, had a beautiful view of the valley below.
The weather had been warm, and the leaves had only begun to change to their fall colors. It gave us a taste of what would appear a few weeks later.
Grandma and Leslie took the grandchildren into the orchard to pick some apples.
I wish I had gone with them. My family takes care of me, because rather than saying what they plan to do, they just do it. Had I gone, I would have risked falling as I walked on uneven sod and ground in the orchard.
Anna had fun that morning too. Unlike the rest of us, she color-coordinated her clothing that morning into her favorite combinations--usually consisting of pink, her signature color.
My Annie is always in the middle of the fun. Leslie and Annie watched the kids and Leslie took some incredible pictures.
The only thing more entertaining that seeing them smile for a photograph is taking all three of my children to a movie. They share a family characteristic: all three have a bizarre sense of humor. While Lydia was in Idaho Falls, I took the three to a movie. There were parts that I found humorous, and my grandchildren obviously did, but the rest of the full theater remained silent. Their laugh was the "mean" laugh. It's the one that brought me notoriety as a child and adult.
No comments:
Post a Comment