A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our First Days In Virginia: An Apple Festival In Charlottesville


Visiting this festival was something I've wanted to do for a long time, ever since Cles told me about he and Leslie going there one fall.

In fact, we planned this trip with it in mind. And that was before I knew about the doughnuts.

The only other thing I haven't seen is a Civil War reenactment.

There was one in the area during our stay, but last year during the commemoration, a brawl broke out among participants. I guess some things never change.

Since that happened last year, the consequences were canceling the one planned for October 2010. Hopefully the Yankees and Southern Boys will get along better in the future. I'd really like to see one.

Oh, and I also want to see the Madison and Monroe mansions as well. Then we can eventually concentrate on Jamestown or Williamsburg or Yorktown. Then there's always Baltimore and the things up there as well.

Gee, I guess we'll just have to move to Virginia or North Carolina.

I could really become accustomed to the things I found there--Sweet Potato Pancakes and Pie, Bar-B-Que, Pulled Pork.

Holy Weightwatchers!

Spending the time with all our grandchildren in Virginia with Cles and Lydia was an incredible time. I hope the future finds all of us there, because I want it be something that happens more than once.

While being helped buying the cider and doughnuts and other things, I mentioned to a lady that we planned our vacation around their festival. She was pleased, but not as nearly as happy as I was tasting the things we found there that day.
There were a few more pictures to take before we left the orchard.
Cles wins!
Leslie joined in the fun too.


No comments: