A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Friday, February 17, 2012

Little Ones That Begin To Change and Develop Toward Potential, Toward Continued Beauty and Grace

Some things stay the same. From the time I was old enough to stand on a chair during Thanksgiving Dinner preparations, I would select a spoon from the drawer--preferably not a fancy one we would use at dinner--check the kitchen carefully for any adults and take a taste of the wonderful Carrot Pudding Sauce relatives made.

It was a rich brown color, not too sweet and not too savory. It was a rich way to finish the pudding I loved so much every holiday, and it was something that was always there for adults and children.

I still crave that pudding in the fall and early winter.

With Anna, it's not about eating or self-indulgence like her Pop Pop. It's all about the color pink and advanced color coordination.

It's easy to spot Anna on the slope.

She's the one with matching hat, coat and accessories. She's the one with so much grace and beauty the way she glides, whether in a ballet class, on a gymnastics mat or on a slope.

It's a Pop Pop's right to recognize genius and good taste in his grandchildren. Others accept my bias others without recognizing the nature of what a grandparent sees. But I still think it's more about reality and less about the pride I have in my grandchildren. I see greatness, and I don't believe it to be an illusion. I'm so proud of each one, regardless what they do or how they excel.

It's fun to see how little ones develop from the earliest moments. There is always something you recognize about them--a characteristic that makes them exceptional in some way, and most importantly, regardless how old they get, a grandparent or parent always remembers them as they were in those tender years as a little one.

No comments: