A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another One Of Many Reasons To Visit Virginia

College basketball is an incredible experience, one I trust in terms of athletes and outcomes.

I can't say the same for professional basketball. I don't have trust in calls, in play, in commitment. I figure too many are in the deal just for the money.

The "Chris Weber Debacle" during the NCAA tournament, however, would be the only exception I call to mind. When he cost Michigan the game for calling a time out at the end of the game, when none remained, it sealed the deal for me. I never was a fan of Weber from that moment till his retirement from professional basketball.

In my mind, there was always this dubious question. How can a college athlete do something that stupid?

College basketball remains something I love to watch. There is--for the most part--more discipline, less hype. It's something I enjoy. To see the rivalries is particularly fun. We have that in the West, but nothing like on the East Coast.

And where can you see a better game than at Chapel Hill or University of Virginia?
One day, I plan to see a game with Cles and my new little grandson. That will be a great day. But it's not as if it would take a basketball game to get me there again. Besides the fun of visiting family, there is something about Virginia that no one can resist.

And besides, thanks to Cles I also know about this great donut place not far from his house.

No comments: