A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Day At A Dealership In Rexburg

The stereotypical car salesman is an interesting type of individual, but at least their tacky sport jacket and white imitation leather shoes give him away.

You know to be careful.

You know not to trust that person.

Usually, however, others don't wear the whole "wolf in sheep's clothing" thing. They say how great they are. The suggest how honest they are.

I guess my dad taught me a long time ago about things like this, and my mom reinforced those teachings with examples of some things that she experienced over the years.

So now, why do I talk about care salesmen with a picture of Yellowstone Bear World.

It's simple. A car dealership in Rexburg used it as a way to get people to drop by to look at their cars. I thought I'd look at prices. I did, and the whole thing was about paying $5,000 to $10,000 more than you would elsewhere.

The decision was an easy one. We didn't look at any car seriously, and frankly, I never test drive something I don't intend to buy--except of course the Camaro I took for a spin once.

That was a silly mistake on their part, but I did have fun.

And for the record, holding a small bear for a moment was more fun than words can describe. It was well worth the trip to see the cub so close. Jack liked it. I did too.

No comments: