My senior year in high school, the "M" club did a fundraiser that was a novel idea at the time: Donkey Basketball. The event was fun, but it was also a different experience.The donkeys were not these nice, peaceful animals--they bit, they kicked, they ran without warning and then dropped down, so that you slid down their neck to the floor, and they bucked. Hitting a hardwood floor was not painless, yet it happened a few times, and it wasn't that bad. I wouldn't want to experience it today.
In this picture, I take a shot at the basket and almost made a basket. It was a long shot from the side, and it rolled around the rim and went out. The whole thing was not about scoring baskets. It really was a lot of fun.
On the trip to Greece, my Annie took several pictures that did not put me in the best light, figuratively speaking of course. There was plenty of sunlight on that trip. The day we landed at the Athens airport, it was 104 degrees.The Greek who owned the donkeys kept looking at me while we went up the hill, the donkey gasping for air and stumbling from exhaustion.
"100 kilo?" he asked. And then he raised the number before saying something in Greek to his other associate. It was all Greek to me, but I figure it was something like, "To many tacos tubby."
Over the years I found four principals who actually had some character and backbone--Lana Haroldsen at Rigby, John Lewis at Rigby, Travis Mitchell was another one I liked as well.
The rest could have been included in this blog with picture and dirty tricks, but I decided against it because of the quote at the bottom of my page--Illegitimi non carborundum.




2 comments:
I love the title, dad. You're so funny.
Has Cles or Kristin checked this out yet? Where are their comments?!
They haven't. Kristin's computer is down, and Cles, I'm not sure why he hasn't made any comments. I think he and Leslie have looked at some of the blogs.
Post a Comment