This picture is of Lydia in our first home just north of Pioneer Park in Malad: the one close to the elementary school and the Budge home, where Lydia's best friend at the time lived. When Lydia was just able to walk and before she was toilet trained, we could always tell when she needed a new diaper--we would see her feet at the base of the curtains. She would seek brief solitude.Her favorite past time was hiding my keys. It would sometimes take hours to find them, and they were always in one of my shoes, a pair I had not used for years in the darkest corner in the back of the closet.
The picture at the lower right is my favorite picture of Lydia. I just returned from California back at the time when I took German students on a five to seven day trip through Southern Utah and Nevada and California. I was trying to finish my film, so I took pictures of my kids in front of the house with my Rolei, a German camera I still have that takes incredible pictures.

I have no idea where those German pictures are now, but the ones that I like the best are the ones I took of my three kids that day in Malad.
Our white Mercury Cougar is in the background. During the winter, when I would have all of us in the car on slick roads, and if I found a large parking lot, I would enter and spin the tires to do doughnuts. Annie would squeal and the kids would giggle. They enjoyed seeing me tease their mom. And they enjoyed the spinning car too.




No comments:
Post a Comment