A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Annie With The Chocolate Chip Eyes

I will always remember my Annie with a Dutch Boy haircut and dark brown eyes. In autumn of 1959 or 1960, J. Verlo Rose and I stepped off the school bus to attend primary at the Malad Second Ward.

My friend turned to me immediately when he saw the Smith twins--Marilyn and Marlene--and Ann.

"Let's play kissing tag!"


He exited the bus quickly, chasing the two blond twins.







He eventually grabbed both of them. And I caught my Annie, her eyes sparkling with fury, mouth screaming with anger, her arms twisting and pushing me away.

But I still kissed her. And I still remember how she screamed into my mouth.

It was not the kiss with which you judge all other passionate moments, not for her and not for me, but the memory still makes me smile.

No comments: