We really do become creatures of habit.
Sadly, things that come so easily in youth are relics that hang in no attic in the later years. They hang over your belt and even bulge over the sides of trousers or jeans.
In most cases, I am like so many other shoppers in Walmart, who wear various versions of sweats.
I guess it's so you can feel comfortable about the culinary choices you make, especially when it comes to the nice things after you fill the needs of the basic food groups.
As a joke, I once said that Mild Duds and Strawberry licorice were two items that filled in basic dairy and fruit requirements.
After saying it so often, I wonder occasionally if I actually began to believe it, to accept it, to embrace it.
Then I received this mailing a week ago, one from Wisconsin--the land of people with Viking roots. Having watched Green Bay games on TV, I was comfortable with it. Besides, there are a lot of fat guys with cheese hats sitting in that stadium for the game.
But then I took a look at the catalogue. I began to worry that neighbors, in anticipation of the time I would be pulling weeds and doing yard work, requested that I receive this source of a cure for a sad commentary about my dietary choices. What can I say about the "Longtail T" other than it might be an advantage for me personally.
When you think about it, there is definitely a better way to get to know the neighbors.





No comments:
Post a Comment