A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Embassy Suites in Garden Grove On An Earlier Trip To Mickeyland

There are times I wish I could read a person's mind, although when I have occasionally expressed that vain point of view, my Annie responds quickly: "No, you wouldn't want that."

Maybe it's the fact that it is between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m., the kitchen area at Embassy Suites in Garden Grove is alive with screaming kids and parents on the verge of screaming.

Or maybe it's just a question of knowing that regardless how tired I look at any point during the day, I will sit in that electric cart and refuse to return to the hotel.

The way I look at it, you're only there once, and to be at Disneyland with grandchildren--regardless how few or how many--is an incredible opportunity. It's like heaven.

But every cloud not only has a silver lining, but occasionally it growls a bit. In the West, it's just a rolling dull sound. In Minnesota it's a crack amid sizzling and popping sounds. But in the South, it's a mixture of a 21 gun shotgun salute and a roar that makes the hair on your neck stand upright.

To hear the sounds of Disney and the scent of cupcakes and churros, I'll put up with silver and whatever.

No comments: