A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Monday, May 10, 2010

Erma's Fridge--a Favorite Destination for my Three Kids

I grew out of patience with my children when we visited Erma's house one visit. I don't remember which one of my three did it, but they made a "beeline" for the refrigerator and stood looking at the food on the shelves.

Without knowing why they did it, Erma assured me that everything was alright. She had everything ready for our visit. There were chocolate puddings in small dishes with lids and a huge two or three layer cake--usually chocolate--sitting there for them too.

I remember the summer of 1970, when Ann and I just finished our junior year in high school. We had just started to date, and during the summer, our Sunday School class would go swimming at Downata Hot Springs once a week. My dad made sure we were in Malad on those nights, and the class always requested that Ann's mom bake us one of her chocolate cakes. That was the same type of cake she made our kids some 12 years later.

That's why grandmas are fun. They do things like that.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

That was me who did that.

Jon Ward said...

Grandma Thomas repeatedly reminded me that I shouldn't get out of patience for your checking out the fridge.