When Jack was very young, I told him stories. For his nap, I would tell a "Disneyland" story and one Star Wars story. Within a year, he would make up his own, and on days, when I felt poorly, he would reverse roles.
Jack told the story. Pop Pop took the nap.
To make a long story short, I told him stories to get him calm before his afternoon nap, and again before he fell asleep at night.
During the summer of 2011, we made the trip to Disneyland. it was something we looked forward to this year. Disney reopened Star Tours, and the Lukas "bunch" put everything together.
On the first day of the grand opening, a group from Lukas was at Disneyland. We ran into them on one of the rides, and while waiting, Jack struck up a conversation with them.
They were very impressed with his knowledge of the films, but most importantly, they loved his ideas. He began telling them a story, and as he finished, he reminded them that he would have them work on his movie, when he made it.
The crew didn't hesitate. They expressed the enthusiasm for the chance to work with them. I laughed briefly, and then I noticed two things: first, they were serious, and secondly, I remembered that both Spielberg and Lukas began doing films at an early age.
The small picture is an example of the stories Jack would write, but in most cases it was a short storyboard. This time, however, Jack confused the letters and slipped with the word representing the evil side of those serving the dark side of the force. We laughed when he noticed he had written these words: Revenge of The Shit. Jack was mortified. It shows his innocence, his determination to do all things right, his avoidance of profanity.
It's Jack, who gets after Pop Pop and Gramma for using that very word when we drive or when we drop something or when something goes awry during the course of the day.
Even though it is something that we recognized as a mistake by our little grandson, we also recognized how fun it was to see it and keep it for future years. It's another thing about our Jack, that makes us smile.
A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment