For me, the park was a special place, and after all these years, it remains a favorite spot.
It's because I think of things my own children enjoyed, so when I look at the faces of my grandchildren, I see that same joy.
I see the fun they have with their mom and dad, creating moments with their own family like I did with mine all those years ago.
The rides change, but most things remain to help you remember.
Not a trip goes by that I don't sit at the gate and enjoy the music they play. It helps me enjoy the beautiful Southern California weather, especially when my laptop tells me that drifting snow and ice haunt everyone in the Snake River Vally at any given time we are basking in the sunshine.
The time comes when children look at these photographs, and they remember little things. Sometimes it's from other trips there, but what is most important is the fact that you were together for a brief time having fun, laughing and enjoying special moments.
I don't know what it is, but with very few exceptions, something happens during the trip that can always potentially spoil the fun.
Sometimes I give in to the moment, and I get angry for a while.
Disney employees run the park like some people play boardgames--making the rules up as they go along.
It's frustrating, but that's why it's also an added benefit to have looked at a laptop before entering the park.
It gives you something to think about, something to be grateful for at that very moment in time.
Because when it comes to the end of any trip I've ever taken there, I immediately begin coaxing to go one more day. Sometimes everyone gives way to my obsession. We spend another day doing the rides, eating the churros, watching for Disney characters.
No doubt about it, it's a place that is fun to experience.
A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment