The excitement began as soon as Jack began thinking about the whole concept of "day camp." He initially talked about it just in passing, thinking that it was something that he wouldn't do, but when we told him that he would be going, he began getting excited.
A run to the store on the eve of leaving for Krupp Scout Hollow meant getting things for his lunch: chips, sandwiches, gatorade. These were things that made him so excited.
Ann spent hours getting patches attached to the shirt. The "iron-on" deal didn't work in an ideal way. I sat in my chair "out of the way," while Ann and Kristin worked on the shirt. Panic only happens, when Ann thinks that something is less-than-perfect.
We had the whole assignment thing worked out for Saturday morning. I would cook breakfast. Ann would retrieve the order from Bountiful Baskets, an online opportunity to get fresh fruits and vegetables all year long.
The time came close that morning, but some patches didn't work with the whole "iron-on" thing. Ann gets the sewing machine out of the garage and begins working feverishly. I picked up the Bountiful Baskets thing.
By the time I returned, Ann had finished the shirt, and Jack had left with a carload of ecstatic eight-year-old cub scouts.
I spent the day worrying that Jack would stay away from the river, which is in flood stage. The door opened at 3:15 p.m. Jack's jeans showed the remnants of the fun he and his friends had had that day.
It was another milestone. It was another good day to be remembered.
A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment