A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Thursday, May 19, 2011


Cles sent me these pictures, taken on Tommy's birthday. In the middle of the table is one of Lydia's signature chocolate cakes, which reminds me of this: she must bake an Ice Water Chocolate Cake, A German Chocolate Cake and Vanilla Cookies in June.

I anticipate her arrival, and when she gets here, I'll probably have her make me a Texas Sheet Cake too.

It is fun to see all my family together like this in a picture. My only regret is my not being there.

I love the look on Sammy's face as she experiences birthday traditions for the first time.

Celebrating family is something that I love to do. The society we live in right now doesn't understand the importance of being together and having people, who are there, when you need them.

I counted on my wife and children during my darkest times, and even now, I see the same behaviors in my grandchildren.

Whenever I'm sick for even a day, Jack comes to my room a number of times, and he kisses me on the cheek ever so slightly. I wake up, but I keep my eyes closed to savor the moment. I love the way he does that, even when he's old enough not to give kisses to old people.

My other grandchildren are the same way, although I'm not around them as much.

It's what makes life so incredible. It's not about anything that you can buy. Money can't give me the memories I have of being with family, and I miss all of them, when I rarely get the chance to be in their inner circle. That's what this picture is about in my opinion. Being in the inner circle implies loyalty and devotion.

I've been blessed.

No comments: