We had pictures taken of Tommy and Jack when they were still very little. It was early in Jeff's journey toward becoming a practicing doctor, and during that time, they were able to spend a bit of time with us in Idaho Falls.It was a great time. The two boys were fun, and they still are. They remain cousins and friends. It's like it should be.
This picture is not one that is really something I view as realistic. Tommy is not a hugger.
At this age or a bit older, I could see him gripping a small Thomas The Train locomotive or even a car, but not a teddy bear. That's just not Tommy, but the picture brings back wonderful memories.
It would only be a few months later when both boys were one year old. We did a trip to Disneyland. I finished my fight with leukemia. I was in remission.
But now things are even better. Anna arrived. We did Disneyland, and we even discovered that I could buy a child in my family princess dresses.
I swore I would never do that.
Ann was tolerant of that attitude too, until we had grandchildren. But I warmed up to the idea, as soon as I saw the smile spread across Anna's face while wearing that tacky gown around the park. She had the gloves, the veil and the glass slippers too.
And that night, like she did with every princess dress we bought at Disneyland, she cried at the thought of not sleeping in the thing too.
And we'll do the same thing for little Sammy too, if she truly wants that.
Oh, and Lydia, please send me pictures of Tommy. This is the only one I have from the last batch, and I would sure like to see some video clips or pictures of one of his baseball games.





No comments:
Post a Comment