A Glance At Our Life And Times Together: Jonie & Annie's Patchwork Quilt

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tough Economic Times

Our family all has an interesting sense of humor. One summer, when Lydia came home and brought my other two grandchildren, I took all three to the movies. I didn't notice anything at first, but then as the movie continued, I noticed my three grandchildren and I were the only ones laughing at scenes, that were funny in only a way that my family found delightful. We love slapstick and other things: jokes that some people either miss entirely or fail to see the hidden smile behind a comment, prank or situation.

And yes, we all laughed the same way--deep, passionate, insanely hysterical. I still smile when I think of it.

Today is no exception. Cles sent me a picture of a Cadillac with a pizza delivery ad on the top. Obviously, the driver was doing a bit of night work to make up for the loss in revenue. The times are rough, but still, we find humor in a picture like this. And it's not because we don't feel pity for some snob or wanna be snob, but because the whole situation of doing pizza delivery in a Caddy is somehow hysterically funny, but then again, you have to be a member of my family to find it funny.

No comments: