My Sweetie is the quintessential grandma, so I thought I would take a few moments to explain why I feel that way. We just finished a trip in California, and it was the third one since March. That is a major part of it. Vacation plans do not revolve around anything but having fun with grandchildren, and that is what makes life so precious at this point in our lives.
As any grandma super hero, she would rather spend a day at Disneyland fighting crowds and standing in lines that walking down Rodeo Drive clutching a shopping bag.
Pop Pop still has the inside track. Even though I sometimes irritate her with teasing or watching Castaway for the 100th time, she loves me and allows me to wallow in my eccentricities. It's what she does. It's one of the reasons I love her. It's also important to understand I married her for her intelligence skills, although were some particular things about physical attraction that also played a role, but I'm so old, so at my age, there are still a few things that I find particularly fascinating.
For example, her chocolate brown eyes that sparkle when she teases me or when she finds something I do or say to be very funny. I love everything about her, but at this point, the way she dotes on me and my grandchildren means everything to me.
When you arrive at a point, where I am in life, you realize how much a woman can love you in spite of everything else--idiosyncrasies, handicaps, insensitivity. It basically sums up the problems that most men have, but even at that, if they make the right choice in a soulmate--like I did at an early age--things work out for the best.
The touches the hearts of those who know her. The effect is something magical, at least it appears to be that way for me, my children, my grandchildren.




1 comment:
Awww!
Post a Comment